Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dumpstaphunk

Went and saw this band last weekend at the House of Blues. Dumpstaphunk was really good, the show was to short though. They were the opening band and since its the HOB everything has to be in a perfectly timed and structured order. What they did play though was worth way more than the price of admission. The House of Blues on the other hand is ridiculous. They go overboard on how strict they are. I almost didn't get let in when they carded me, I guess they thought I was using a fake ID. They pass you through a security checkpoint, pat you down and wave the wand all over you before you even get in. In the HOB they also do not allow picture taking, so if you attempt it they take your camera and delete all your pictures then charge you while they hold onto your camera. All this didn't matter though because Dumpstaphunk put on an awesome show. The main act on the other hand was horrible so we didn't stick around past his first song. If Dumpstaphunk is in town again I will definitely be there, I just hope they play at a different venue

1 comment:

trudesign said...

I wish we could boycott the HOB, I hate them so much - damn them for getting good shows. Somewhere over the rainbowwww.....