Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Big City Swing

Well I actually did it. I started swing dance classes at a place called Big City Swing. I never could have seen this happening, but my cousin asked me awhile back if I would be down for checking out a dance class with her. I said yes, which is scary because I already knew that she was good at dancing therefore I was definitely the one who was going to make a fool out of myself.

We actually found the dance studio over the summer, but we just missed the signup and therefore had to postpone until yesterday. The class though is really awesome.

The set up is such that you do not always have the same partner. So even if you are bad your partner does not really know because you are only doing a small part of each step with one person. Since there are less men than women (honestly though not by much) the men form a circle around the outside edge of the class and the women rotate in the middle. The instructors are in the center explaining and showing each step. After their presentation they turn on the music and everyone practices it. "Thank your partner then rotate."

I did not get told I was bad so I guess that was a good sign, but really it is only the first class so who knows. I think though this is going to work out and we are having and will continue to have a lot of fun.

Thanks Carmel for asking me to go, see you Monday.

No comments: