Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My MBA

So I am going for my Master of Beer Appreciation this year. I signed up at the Goose Island brewery to become "educated" on all of thier beers. What this means is that I have to sit down and try all of the beers that they offer, no not all at once, but over the course of more than a year. The way it works is you get a little checklist with all the beers they have broken down by: spring, summer, fall, winter, year round classics, and reserve. The seasonal beers only happen during that season, obviously, but also they can run out so you will have to wait till the next year. That is when you go to the year rounds and the reserves. I started just a few weeks ago and haven't really made to big a dent. I have 5 checked off out of the possibly 45. When you reach your first 15 different styles of beer they award you with your own growler, 64oz, and same with your 30th. On your final beer though you receive a shirt showing that you are an MBA graduate and also your name is put on a plaque and hung in the Clybourn street brewery next to all the other graduates. I will let you know my progress and any especially delicious beers I come across. Right now my favorites are the Matilda and the Christmas ale, we'll see if that changes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo LOU!
whenever i'm missing Chicago i tune into the blog. i'm going to use it as my restaurant guide while i'm in town next month. i'll be around for a month so we'll have to hang out.
later
kearney