Wednesday, August 01, 2007

ZK Foods

I cant believe it has taken me this long to write about this place, maybe because I always forget about it, not at all because of its food though it is because of its location. For some reason when walking around my neighborhood I never really find myself on Milwaukee north of North ave and when I do I really only go to the Hair Cuttery or Blockbuster, which is strange because there is a lot of really interesting things over there. Anyways, This place is a hidden gem. ZK Foods serves a lot of home cooked style meals, but also has some interesting dishes you wouldn't normally see. It seems there main meals at lunch are soups and sandwiches both of which I have tried, the chicken chili, split pea, and a Reuben sandwich all of which were delicious and very well portioned (the sandwich was huge). I also was there another time and was able to try the mac and cheese, talapia tacos and had a bit of Erin's "Grilled Eggplant Sandwich with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, roasted red peppers and fresh basil leaves" which was cooked very well. I saw the meatloaf and the turkey sandwich that were also giant plates full, but also looked good, probably checkin one of those out next. I really did like there soup though and they have fresh ones all the time so if you just stop in there they have soups ready for carry out and made a sandwich for me to take out real quick, but there seating area is inviting so if you have the time I'd just grab a seat. If you happen to be walking by this place definitely check it out.

1 comment:

Nora said...

Hey Lou, Roxanne's fiance owns this place.