Thursday, August 02, 2007

Usagi Ya

Usagi Ya, another of the many sushi places in and around Chicago, happens to be relatively unknown, yet very good. It's not the best in Chicago, but a lot better than most. This passed weekend I went there for my second time and was just as impressed with it as the first time. All the food was fresh and tasted delicious. Sometimes at certain sushi places the sushi is either not fresh or it's not the right temperature (either too hot or cold) and what I hate the most is when they use to much of the vegetable, whether it be cucumber or avocado or whatever instead of a good portion of meat. Well none of this even has anything to do with Usagi Ya because all their food has been great. I think the only reason it's not all that busy is because its on the corner of Division, Ashland and Milwaukee. There is a lot of other crazy stuff going on at that corner that makes a good sushi restaraunt being on the corner a little out of place. It might have something to do with that it is across the street from Nelson Algren park, which happens to always be full of homeless people, but I don't know. All I know is that I have been there and it's worth giving a try cause it's better in my opinion than Zen noodles and Sai cafe. Oh and their Saki was perfect.

No comments: